Basicly, I tried to do a carousel. there are two basic motions that I tried to implement, one of them was ” two gears which directed with a handle , while one of the gears make a motion as a wheel, it turns the other one as if it is a turntable. This part was for the carousel basement.
And the other one was basicly a motor piston , I did for to catch the motion for horses on carousel.
I used mixed materials, balsa wood and foamcore. I think they do not work together well and it is really hard to control foamcore board in a dynamic model.
For next phase, I think I will try to go with plywood for kinetic side and for arduino I will use a dc motor works in corporation with photoresistors.